Did you know? If you are on benefits, your child may be entitled to free school meals no matter what year they are in!
Every day children and young people across Leeds are missing out on their free school meal. Child Friendly Leeds encourages families to check if they are eligible, as it could save you £420 per year per child.
Families who are entitled to free school meals are in receipt of the following benefits:
· Income Support
· Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
· Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
· Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
· The ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Please note: People receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of their income level, do not qualify.
To find out if you are eligible ask at the school office or call Leeds Revenues and Benefits Service on 0113 222 4404.
For more information click on the link below: